Create a Let's Encrypt® certificate
To create a new Let's Encrypt certificate:
- In the management console, select the folder to create your certificate in.
- In the list of services, select Certificate Manager.
- Click Add certificate.
- In the menu that opens, select Let's Encrypt certificate.
- In the window that opens, enter the name of the certificate in the Name field.
- (optional) In the Description field, enter a description for the certificate.
- In the Domains field, enter the list of domains to create a certificate for.
- Select the type of domain rights check:
- Click Create.
If you don't have the Yandex.Cloud command line interface yet, install and initialize it.
The folder specified in the CLI profile is used by default. You can specify a different folder using the
View a description of the command:
yc certificate-manager certificate request --help
Run the command:
yc certificate-manager certificate request \ --name mymanagedcert \ --domains example.com
--name: Certificate name.
--domains: Certificate domains.
id: fpq6gvvm6piuegbb2nol folder_id: b1g7gvsi89m34qmcm3ke created_at: "2020-09-15T08:49:11.533771Z" name: mymanagedcert type: MANAGED domains: - example.com status: VALIDATING updated_at: "2020-09-15T08:49:11.533771Z"
The new certificate now appears in the certificate list with the
Validating status. This status means that a Let's Encrypt certificate was requested and you need to pass the domain rights check to process it.