A dataset describes a set of data and its structure.
Data in a dataset is represented as fields. Learn more in Data model.
Yandex DataLens creates a dataset based on a data source that has a connection.
Datasets have several modes to access data sources.
DataLens can access a data source directly or save the dataset in its own database. Learn more in Dataset settings.
To create a dataset:
- On the Yandex DataLens homepage, click Create dataset.
- To the left of the screen, click ** Add **.
- Select a connection. If there are no connections in the list, create one.
- Select the tables to make up the data source for the dataset and click Save in the upper-right corner.
- Enter the dataset name and click Create. The dataset appears in the list.