Creating a timer
Triggers is currently at the Preview stage.
Create a timer and run your functions on a schedule.
Before you start
To create a trigger, you need:
- Service account with rights for function call. If you don't have a service account, create one.
- Functions that the trigger will call. If you don't have a function:
Create a timer
The trigger is initiated within 5 minutes of being created.
To create a timer:
- Open the Cloud Functions section in the folder where you want to create a timer.
- Go to the Triggers tab.
- Click Create trigger.
- Under Basic parameters:
- Enter a name and description for the trigger.
- In the Type field, select Timer.
- Under Timer settings:
- In the Cron expression field, enter your cron expression.
- Under Function settings:
- Select the function to be called by the timer.
- Specify the function version tag.
- Specify the service account that will be used to call the function.
- ClickCreate trigger.