Billing accounts are used to identify users paying for resources in Yandex Cloud.
The relationship between clouds, billing accounts, personal accounts, and payment methods is shown in the diagram below.
A billing account is not used for managing Yandex Cloud resources.
To go to the list of billing accounts:
Billing account types
- Intended for residents of Russia or Kazakhstan.
- Resources are paid for using a bank card.
- Funds for the resources consumed are debited automatically. For more information, see Billing cycle for individuals.
* Once the funds are debited from your bank card, a payment receipt is sent to your email address.
- Intended for residents and non-residents of Russia and Kazakhstan.
- Consumed resources are paid for by bank transfer from the business's bank account or a corporate bank card.
- Payments for resources consumed are made based on the agreement and bank invoice, or the amount is debited automatically from the linked bank card. For more information, see Billing cycle for businesses.
- A statement of the services rendered (for residents of Russia and Kazakhstan) and an invoice (Russian residents only) are sent to your email address at the beginning of the next billing cycle. Invoices for residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan are generated electronically. For more information, see Reporting documents.
Billing accounts do not expire.
However, if Yandex Cloud services are suspended for non-payment, and you have not paid the outstanding amount within 30 days of the suspension, all your data, including the billing account, will be permanently locked and deleted.
You can delete a billing account if you no longer plan to use Yandex Cloud services.
Billing account ID
Every billing account has an ID. To get a billing account's ID:
Number of billing accounts
One client can create multiple billing accounts.
You can link a billing account to one or more clouds. Both new and existing clouds can be linked.
Each cloud in Yandex Cloud must be linked to only one billing account. If you link an existing cloud, you are effectively transferring it between billing accounts.
Under one Yandex account, all payers must be either residents of Russia, residents of Kazakhstan, or residents of other countries.
For example, you created a Business billing account type forRussia. The payer of this account is a business and resident of the Russian Federation. All your next billing accounts must also be created forRussiawith payers that are residents of the Russian Federation (businesses or individuals). Selecting another country creates an error.