Getting started with Managed Service for MongoDB
To get started with the service:
Before you start
Go to the management console. Then log in to Yandex.Cloud or sign up if you don't have an account yet.
If you don't have a folder yet, create one:
Click Create folder in the Home page of the management console.
Enter the folder name.
- Length — from 3 to 63 characters.
- The name may contain lowercase Latin letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- The first character must be a letter. The last character can't be a hyphen.
Select Create a default network. A network is created with subnets in each availability zone.
You can connect to DB clusters from both inside and outside Yandex.Cloud:
- To connect to a DB cluster from inside Yandex.Cloud, create a VM in the same cloud network as the DB cluster (with Linux or Windows).
- To be able to connect to the cluster from the internet, request public access to hosts when creating the cluster.
The next step assumes that you connect to the cluster from a Linux-based VM.
Connect to the VM via SSH.
Install MongoDB Shell:
cd ~/ && \ wget https://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu/dists/focal/mongodb-org/4.4/multiverse/binary-amd64/mongodb-org-shell_4.4.1_amd64.deb && \ sudo dpkg -i mongodb-org-shell_4.4.1_amd64.deb
Create a cluster
- In management console, select the folder where you want to create a cluster.
- Select Managed Service for MongoDB.
- Click Create cluster.
- Set the cluster parameters and click Create cluster. This process is described in detail in Creating MongoDB clusters.
- When the cluster is ready, its status changes to Running and its state to Alive. This may take some time.
Connect to the DB
Configure security groups for the cloud network to enable all the relevant traffic between the cluster and the connecting host.
Get an SSL certificate:
Create a folder:
$ mkdir ~/.mongodb
Get a certificate:
$ wget "https://storage.yandexcloud.net/cloud-certs/CA.pem" -O ~/.mongodb/root.crt
Configure permissions to the certificate:
$ chmod 0600 ~/.mongodb/root.crt
Connect to the cluster using the MongoDB CLI:
$ mongo --norc \ --ssl \ --sslCAFile ~/.mongodb/root.crt \ --host 'rs01/<address of host 1>:27018,<address of host 2>:27018,<address of host N>:27018' \ -u <user name> \ -p <user password> \ <DB name>