Billing accounts are used to identify users paying for resources in Yandex.Cloud.
The relationship between clouds, billing accounts, personal accounts, and payment methods is shown in the diagram below.
A billing account is not used for managing Yandex.Cloud resources.
Billing account types
The billing account type defines the method of paying for resources in Yandex.Cloud.
- Intended for residents of Russia or Kazakhstan.
- Resources are paid for using a bank card.
- Funds for the resources consumed are debited automatically. For more information, see Billing cycle for individuals.
- Intended for residents and non-residents of Russia and Kazakhstan.
- Resources are paid for via bank transfer from a corporate bank account or bank card.
- Payments for resources consumed are made based on the agreement and bank invoice, or the amount is debited automatically from the linked bank card. For more information, see Billing cycle for businesses.
- A statement of the services rendered (for residents of Russia and Kazakhstan) and an invoice (Russian residents only) are sent to your email address at the beginning of the next billing cycle. Invoices for residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan are generated electronically. For more information, see Reporting documents.
Billing accounts do not expire.
However, if Yandex.Cloud services are suspended for non-payment, and you have not paid the outstanding amount within 30 days of the suspension, all your data, including the billing account, will be permanently locked and deleted.
You can delete a billing account if you no longer plan to use Yandex.Cloud services.
Number of billing accounts
One client can create multiple billing accounts.
You can link a billing account to one or more clouds, but each cloud can only be linked to one billing account. If a cloud is already linked to another account, linking it to a new account unlinks it from the current one.
Under one Yandex account, all payers must be either residents of the Russian Federation or non-residents.
For example, you created a Business billing account type forRussia. The payer of this account is a business and resident of the Russian Federation. All your next billing accounts must also be created forRussiawith payers that are residents of the Russian Federation (businesses or individuals). Selecting another country creates an error.