To control costs in Yandex Cloud, you can configure notifications using budgets.
Available budget types:
- Usage cost: a notification goes out when the cost of resources with no discounts applied exceeds an established usage limit.
- Amount payable: a notification goes out when the cost of resources, including discounts and active promo codes, exceeds an established usage limit.
- Account balance: a notification goes out when a personal account balance falls below an established threshold.
Creating a budget
To create a budget, you need the
editor role. The
viewer role is enough to receive notifications. For more information on access control, see Roles.
To create a budget:
In the management console, click and go to Billing.
Select an account on the List of accounts page.
Go to the Budgets page and click Create budget.
- Enter the budget name.
- Select Budget type.
- Set Budget amount:
- For the Usage cost or the Amount payable types as the total usage amount.
- For the Account balance type as your personal account balance.
- For the Usage cost and the Amount payable types, select a budget tracking period:
- Set the budget start date, if you selected Customizable as the tracking period type. The start date is the first day of a month.
- Set the budget end date. The end date defines when the budget stops tracking usage or account balance and sending notifications. The end date is the last day of a month. It must be no more than five years from the current date.
- Select the users to notify.
- For the Usage cost and the Amount payable, define budget scope. You can select individual clouds, folders, and services to include in a set budget. By default, data is collected from all the clouds, folders, and services that the selected billing account has access to.
- Set at least one utilization threshold to trigger notifications. You can specify a threshold as a percentage or a cash value and select the users to receive notifications. A budget can have multiple thresholds.
Users listed in the General information section will receive notifications when each specified threshold is exceeded. Users listed when setting a threshold will only receive a notification when a specific threshold is reached.
If several budget thresholds are reached at the same time for, users will only receive a single notification.
After filling in all the fields, click Create. This will create a budget.