Create a Let's Encrypt® certificate
To create a new Let's Encrypt certificate:
- In the management console, select the folder to create your certificate in.
- In the list of services, select Certificate Manager.
- Click Add certificate.
- In the menu that opens, select Let's Encrypt certificate.
- In the window that opens, enter the name of the certificate in the Name field.
- (optional) In the Description field, enter a description for the certificate.
- In the Domains field, enter the list of domains to create a certificate for.
- Select the type of domain rights check:
- Click Create.
If you don't have the Yandex Cloud command line interface yet, install and initialize it.
The folder specified in the CLI profile is used by default. You can specify a different folder using the
View a description of the command:
yc certificate-manager certificate request --help
Run the command:
yc certificate-manager certificate request \ --name mymanagedcert \ --domains example.com
--name: Certificate name.
--domains: Certificate domains.
id: fpq6gvvm6piuegbb2nol folder_id: b1g7gvsi89m34qmcm3ke created_at: "2020-09-15T08:49:11.533771Z" name: mymanagedcert type: MANAGED domains: - example.com status: VALIDATING updated_at: "2020-09-15T08:49:11.533771Z"
The new certificate now appears in the certificate list with the
Validating status. This status means that a Let's Encrypt certificate was requested and you need to pass the domain rights check to process it.