An indicator reflects the value of a single key measure. It's used when a dashboard contains values that need to be monitored on a regular basis to understand the overall situation. These can be the number of incidents for the past day, plan performance, or a YoY increase in sales. Indicators are most often placed at the top or on the right side of a dashboard. Be sure there are no more than 6 indicators per screen so that they don't lose their urgency or confuse users. Using indicators of different sizes, you can build a hierarchy of the various metrics according to significance.
You can set up the size and color of an indicator.
Sections in the wizard
in the wizard
|Measure||Measure. One measure that determines the indicator value.|
|Filters||Dimension or measure. Used as a filter.|
Creating an indicator
To create an indicator:
- On the Yandex DataLens home page, click Create chart.
- Under Dataset, select a dataset for visualization.
- Select the Indicator chart type.
- Drag a dimension or measure from the dataset to the Measure section. The value is displayed as a number.
You can also change the size and color of the indicator:
- In the Measure section, click .
- In the Indicator settings window, select the size and color and click Apply.
Use emojis when calculating indicator values to make them more informative.
This indicator chart uses a calculated field with the formula
IF([Average spend]>2200, CONCAT("✔️",STR(ROUND([Average spend]))),CONCAT("🔻",STR(round([Average spend])))).
Describe the context to make it clear what indicators mean.