Managing computing resources
By default, projects run with the minimal configuration:
c1.4 (32 GB RAM and 4 vCPUs). You can change the configuration. This saves the state of the interpreter, meaning that no variables or computation results are lost.
Some variables aren't serialized and therefore can't be saved. For example, a variable with a file open for writing:
f = open("file.txt", "w").
A warning is shown for these variables during the assignment:
The following variables cannot be serialized:.
Before you start
If the project is already open, go to the notebook tab.
If not, open the project:
In the management console, open the DataSphere section in the folder where you work with DataSphere projects.
- Go to the Projects tab.
- Select the project you want to delete and click .
- Choose Open and wait for the project to open.
Change the configuration
The configuration prefix corresponds to the name of the computing resource configuration. The default configuration is c1.4 (4 vCPUs, 0 GPU).
Change the configuration using a prefix
Increase a cell's computing resources to the configuration g1.1 using a prefix:
- Select the cell to change the configuration for.
- In the first row of the cell, add the configuration prefix
#!g1.1(8 vCPUs, 1 GPU).
If you want to restore the default configuration, remove the prefix or change it to
Change the configuration in the interface
Increase a cell's computing resources in the interface:
- Click the button with the name of the configuration in the menu on the notebook tab.
- Select the desired configuration.
- Wait until the
instance is readystatus appears on the notebook panel.