Triggers are the criteria that automatically launch a function in Cloud Functions or a container in Serverless Containers. Triggers let you automate your work with other Yandex Cloud services, such as Yandex Object Storage, Yandex Message Queue, and Yandex IoT Core.
The trigger is initiated within 5 minutes of being created.
The following types of triggers are available in Cloud Functions:
- Trigger for Message Queue.
- Trigger for Object Storage.
- Trigger for Yandex IoT Core.
- Trigger for Container Registry.
- Trigger for Cloud Logs.
- Trigger for Cloud Logging.
- Trigger for budgets.
- Trigger for Data Streams.
Specifics of functions invoked by triggers
Triggers call functions based on preset quotas and limits.
When a function is called by a trigger, the following specifics apply:
- Functions are always called by triggers with the
integration=rawquery string parameter. Read more about function calls.
- Before the trigger passes messages to a function, it changes their format. Each trigger has a specific message format. Read more about this in the trigger description.