You can monitor how records are added to a log group using monitoring tools in the management console. These tools display diagnostic information in the form of charts.
The chart update period is 15 seconds.
Viewing monitoring charts
In the management console, go to the folder where the log group is located.
Open Cloud Logging.
Select a log group to view its monitoring charts.
Go to the Monitoring tab.
The following charts open on the page:
- Records successfully ingested: The number of records delivered to the Cloud Logging system. Only user logs are counted.
- Records saved: The number of records saved to the Cloud Logging system. Service and user logs are counted.
- Records read: The number of records read.
- Records ingest errors: The number of errors when adding records.
- Records save lag: The difference between the time of record delivery and its saving to the Cloud Logging system.
You can select the time interval to display information for: hour, day, week, month, or a custom interval.