Maintenance in Managed Service for Apache Kafka®
- Automatic installation of Apache Kafka® updates and revisions for hosts (including disabled clusters).
- Changes to the host class and storage size.
- Other maintenance activities.
Maintenance includes changes within one Apache Kafka® major version. For more information about major version changes, see Apache Kafka® version upgrade.
- Unspecified time (default): Maintenance is possible at any time.
- By schedule: Set the preferred maintenance start time: desired day of the week and UTC hour. For example, you can choose a time when cluster load is lightest.
In Managed Service for Apache Kafka® single-host clusters, a single broker host undergoes maintenance. So, such a cluster becomes unavailable if a single host needs to be restarted during maintenance.
In multi-host clusters, broker hosts undergo maintenance consecutively. The hosts are queued randomly. A broker host becomes unavailable while it's being restarted during maintenance.