Deprecation of the ru-central1-c availability zone
Yandex Cloud plans to gradually deprecate the
ru-central1-c availability zone. Starting April 2022, its operation will be limited.
Zonal quotas, a new type of quota, will be introduced for the number of zonal resources in
ru-central1-c. You can increase these quotas only by contacting support. Zonal quotas will apply to the following services:
- Compute Cloud (VMs and VM computing resources, instance groups, disks, file storage, dedicated hosts).
- Managed Service for Kubernetes (nodes).
Zonal quota numbers will be published later in Quotas and limits in Compute Cloud and Quotas and limits in Managed Service for Kubernetes.
ru-central1-c, new Yandex Cloud zonal features are unavailable. You can't create:
- Compute Cloud VMs with GPU and vGPU.
- Compute Cloud dedicated hosts on Intel Ice Lake.
- Managed Service for Greenplum® database hosts.
For more information about development plans for availability zones and migration options, see this post in the Yandex Cloud blog.