Getting started with Yandex Resource Manager
When a user registers with Yandex Cloud, a cloud is created for the user. The cloud is a separate workspace with this user as the owner.
The owner can create folders and resources in this cloud, and manage access rights to them.
To create your first folder in the cloud:
Click Create folder on the cloud page.
Enter the folder name. Naming requirements:
- The length can be from 3 to 63 characters.
- It may contain lowercase Latin letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- The first character must be a letter. The last character can't be a hyphen.
(Optional) Enter a description of the folder.
Select the Create a default network option. A network is created with subnets in each availability zone. A default security group, where all network traffic is allowed inside, will also be created in this network.
Grant users access to the folder you have created:
- In the line with the appropriate user name, click Configure roles.
- Make sure that the user has one of the following roles for the cloud:
- Select a folder in Roles in folders and click Assign role.
- Select a role from the list. For example, grant the user access to create resources in the folder by assigning them the
When a new user is created in a cloud, they're automatically assigned the
resource-manager.clouds.member role. This role is necessary for the user to access resources in the cloud. The
resource-manager.clouds.member role is used in combination with other roles, such as
viewer. For more information about roles, see the Roles section.