Backup to Yandex Object Storage via Acronis Backup Gateway
To set up backups in Object Storage via Acronis Backup Gateway:
- Before you start
- Create a bucket
- Configure Acronis Backup Gateway
- Test your backup
- Delete the created cloud resources
Before you start
Before using Yandex Object Storage, sign up for Yandex.Cloud and create a billing account:
- Go to the management console. Then log in to Yandex.Cloud or sign up if don't already have an account.
- On the billing page, make sure you linked a billing account, and it has the
TRIAL_ACTIVEstatus. If you don't have a billing account, create one.
If you have an active billing account, you can create or select a folder to place your bucket in. Go to the Yandex.Cloud homepage and select or create a folder where you want to create a bucket. Learn more about the resource hierarchy in Yandex.Cloud.
Required paid resources
The cost for backup and recovery includes:
- A fee for data storage (see Yandex Object Storage pricing).
- A fee for a continuously running VM (see Yandex Compute Cloud pricing).
- A fee for using a dynamic or static external IP address (see Yandex Virtual Private Cloud pricing).
Create a bucket
To create a bucket for backups:
Go to the Yandex.Cloud management console and select the folder where you want to perform the operations.
On the folder page, click Create resource and select Bucket.
In the Name field, enter a name for the bucket, like
The name must meet the following requirements:
- The length of the name must be from 3 to 63 characters.
- The name may contain lowercase Latin letters, numbers, hyphens, and periods.
- The first and last characters must be letters or numbers.
- Characters to the right and left of the period must be letters or numbers.
- The name must not look like an IP address (for example, 10.1.3.9).
Specify the maximum size of the bucket in GB.
Click Create bucket.
Configure Acronis Backup Gateway
To configure Acronis Backup Gateway to work with Object Storage:
- In Acronis Storage, open the Services menu and select Acronis Backup Gateway.
- Click Create Gateway.
- Select the Public Cloud type of storage.
- In the ABGW private list, select the network interface with the ABGW private role.
- In the Public cloud parameters section, specify the following settings:
- Select the AuthV2 compatible provider type.
- In the Endpoint URL field, specify
- Get a static key and enter it for authentication.
- Specify the
backupbucket for storing backups.
- In the Registration section, enter your Acronis account details.
- Click DONE.
Test the backup procedure
- Set up backups in Acronis Backup by following the instructions.
- Run a backup by following the instructions.
How to delete created resources
To stop paying for file storage, delete the uploaded files.