Pricing policy for Object Storage before January 1, 2019
This is the old version of the pricing policy that expired on January 1, 2019. For the current Object Storage pricing policy, see Pricing for Object Storage.
What goes into the cost of using Object Storage
The Object Storage usage cost is based on:
- The amount of storage used by your data.
- The number of operations on your data.
- The amount of outgoing traffic
Users can access:
- Cold storage: A low price for data storage and a high price for operations. It's optimal for storing a large volume of data and a small number of operations.
- Standard storage: A high rate for data storage and a low rate for operations. It's optimal for storing small amounts of data and performing a large number of operations.
In all calculations, 1 GB = 230 bytes.
Storage usage is measured in GB per month. The volume of data stored during a month is the average value over the month based on granulated per-second data. The minimum billable unit is 1 hour of storing 1 MB of data.
Performing operations with data
Data operations are charged according to the following policy:
- The minimum pricing unit for PUT and POST operations is 10.
- The minimum billable unit for GET and HEAD operations is 100.
- You aren't charged for deleting data (the DELETE operation).
Prices before January 1, 2019
Prices are given for a 30-day month. For shorter months, the price is higher. For longer months, it's lower.
|Service||Cost of 1 GB per month, without VAT||Cost of 1 GB per month, with VAT|
Example of proportional calculation: let's say the user stores 15 GB of data for 11.5 hours during a 30-day month. The total cost of storage can be calculated using the formula:
Storage_cost = Cost_per_GB_per_month * 15 * 11.5 / 24 / 30
|Service||Cost, rubles without VAT||Cost, rubles with VAT|
|1000 PUT or POST operations||₽0.2542||₽0.3000|
|10,000 GET or HEAD operations||₽0.2034||₽0.2400|
|1000 PUT or POST operations||₽0.6186||₽0.7300|
|10,000 GET or HEAD operations||₽0.5085||₽0.6000|
Data operations that result in an error are charged only in the following cases:
- Error code 403 for a GET or HEAD operation.
- Error code 404 for a PUT, POST, GET, or HEAD operation.
Prices for standard storage are applied when calculating costs.
When using the service, you pay for the traffic from Yandex Cloud to the internet. The traffic between Yandex Cloud services and the incoming traffic from the internet are free of charge.
The minimum charging unit is 1 MB.
|Resource category||Cost of 1 GB without VAT||Cost of 1 GB with VAT|