Links between issues
Issue links help group multiple issues based on a common theme or view the issue hierarchy.
Tracker has several link types:
- Parent issue — Sub-issue
- You can use this link type to decompose your issues. Break larger project chunks into standalone issues and sub-issues.
- Let's say you need to implement a new feature in your product, which implies resolving multiple smaller issues. For such cases, you can create a
New featuretype parent issue and link your sub-issues to it.
- Related to
- Use this link type to reference other issues with a common theme.
- Depends on — Blocker to
- Use this link type if a certain issue can only be worked on once another issue is completed. For instance, a new app feature that can only enter development once the interface has been designed.
- Duplicated by — Duplicates
- Use this link type to group issues that describe the same task. As an example, this link should be used if you created multiple
Bugtype issues that describe the same problem.
- Epic for — Sub-epic
- Use this link type to decompose issues if you're working with Scrum.
You can view and edit the list of links on the issue page.