Editing Wiki pages and notes
On Wiki pages and in notes, you can edit the text, add headings and lists, embed links, images, and tables.
You can make changes to any page if you have editing access to it:
Open the Wiki page and click Edit in the upper-right corner.
Change text on the Wiki page:
Rename the page
- Click on the page name and enter a new one.
Edit and preview panels
- By default, the editing page is split into two areas: you can edit the text on the left and see a preview of the edited page on the right side of the screen. To disable previews, click the Split mode toggle at the bottom of the page.
- To open a full-width preview of the page, click View in the upper-right corner.
Edit text on the page
- You can only write unformatted text in the page edit mode. To set the structure and layout for the text, you'll need to use special symbols called the Markdown markup language.
- Use the toolbar at the top of the Wiki page to add common formatting elements.
- You can add dynamic blocks to the Wiki page, such as a table of contents for the document or a list of nested pages.
Attaching files to the page
- You can upload images or other files to a Wiki page. For example, you can embed an image into the text body on a Wiki page.
Adding a table
- You can embed a dynamic table on a Wiki page. Such tables can be sorted by columns and edited in page view mode.
After you save the page, its copy appears in edit history. You can use the edit history to view all previous versions of a page, compare changes, and roll back to any of the previous versions.
Editing the home page Wiki
You can edit Wiki home page just like any other page.
By default, the owner of the Wiki home page is a service account. If this page's access mode is set to "Only page owners", all other users will be blocked from accessing the page. To make the page accessible to other users, follow the link https://wiki.yandex.com/homepage/.access to change access settings.