OptScale helps companies manage and optimize Kubernetes cluster and public cloud costs. OptScale can connect to Azure, AWS, and Alibaba accounts and monitor resource consumption in Kubernetes using the Prometheus monitoring system.
The platform offers various scenarios to optimize cloud costs, create budgets, and control the lifecycle of resources.
Key features and advantages:
- Cost forecasting.
- Setting limits on the use of Azure, AWS, Alibaba, and Kubernetes.
- Cost analysis and statistics — track changes in cloud resource usage.
- Resource grouping — merge resources for projects, departments, and work groups with the option to allocate a budget to a resource group.
- Optimizing cloud costs — get recommendations on how to use cloud resources to reduce costs.
With the OptScale platform, you can not only optimize cloud costs, but also build a FinOps process that ensures transparent and efficient use of cloud resources.
It takes 10–15 minutes to start the platform.
- Get an SSH key pair to connect to a virtual machine (VM).
- Create a VM from a public image. Under Image/boot disk selection, go to the Cloud Marketplace tab and select Hystax OptScale. Under Access:
- Enter the username in the Login field.
- Paste the contents of the public key file in the SSH key field.
- Connect to the VM via SSH. To do this, use the username you set when creating the VM and the private SSH key you created earlier.
- Optimizing cloud resource and Kubernetes costs.
- Implementing FinOps processes.
- Unit economics.
- Budget control.
- Manage resources.
Hystax provides technical support to Hystax OptScale users in Yandex Cloud. You can contact technical support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yandex Cloud technical support is available 24/7 to respond to requests. The types of requests available and their response time depend on your pricing plan. You can activate paid support in the management console. Learn more about requesting technical support.
Yandex Cloud does not provide technical support for this product. If you have any issues, please refer to the developer’s information resources.