Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. It is used for software applications development and business analytics, and suitable for hybrid and cloud environments. SQL Server includes Microsoft R and Python packages for predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Corporate database development and management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Business applications with Online transaction processing (OLTP) or Online Analytical Processing (OLAP).
- Databases for code developing and testing.
- Small and mid-sized applications with embedded database.
- Mobile apps.