Yandex Managed Service for PostgreSQL
in the Yandex.Cloud infrastructure.
- Restore to any point in a time intervalPostgreSQL database snapshots are created continuously. With Point-in-Time Recovery (PITR), you can restore the database to any point in time during the past seven days.
- Different replication topologiesWith the Yandex Managed Service for PostgreSQL you can easily create replicas that will be automatically used for recovery in the event of failures, as well as read replicas of specified hosts. This allows you to build custom replication topologies, including cascading replication. You can control the location of the master host in the cluster by managing the priorities of the replicas. It is also easy to set up time-delayed replicas which do not take into account the latest changes to the database.
- Encryption and isolationIn Yandex Managed Service for PostgreSQL all DBMS connections and backups of the database contents are encrypted using the TLS protocol and GPG software, respectively. Moreover, the databases of different Yandex.Cloud customers are completely isolated from each other. The databases do not use any shared components, so no one else can access the data you have uploaded.
- Choice of storage typeIt is easy to choose the data storage type for each cluster individually. We provide three options: standard network, fast network and fast local storage. Network storage types are more reliable and flexible, while the local one enables higher speed.
- Easy to maintainYandex.Cloud takes care of maintaining the databases and updating the DBMS to the latest versions. At the same time, you can easily configure the databases, restore them from backups, view logs, and use charts to monitor key performance indicators.
- Fast data processingYandex Managed Service for PostgreSQL uses fast NVMe-enabled solid-state drives. They ensure high performance even when handling large amounts of data.
PostgreSQL is one of the few open source DBMS that are suitable for use in payment systems. Replication and data recovery technologies, encrypted connections and access control provide high storage reliability.
The majority of modern web frameworks are compatible with PostgreSQL. This makes it easier to develop and administer a website. High availability is also important in web projects, and one way to ensure it is to use replication tools. In the cloud version of PostgreSQL, such tools are integrated in the service and are set up quickly and easily.
A large number of extensions have been developed for PostgreSQL to enable storage and indexing of complex data structures. Many of extensions supported by Yandex Managed Service for PostgreSQL.
Support of various data types and indexing by PostgreSQL, as well as the PostGIS extension, provide features for working with geodata that are not available in other DBMS.