Getting started with Yandex Resource Manager
When a user registers with Yandex.Cloud, a cloud is created for the user. The cloud is a separate workspace with this user as the owner.
The owner can create folders and resources in this cloud, and manage access rights to them.
To create your first folder in the cloud:
Click Create folder in the Home page of the management console.
Enter the folder name.
- The name must be unique within the folder.
- The name may contain lowercase Latin letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- The first character must be a letter. The last character can't be a hyphen.
- The maximum length of the name is 63 characters.
Select Create a default network. A network is created with subnets in each availability zone.
Click Create folder.
Grant users access to the folder you have created:
- In the line with the appropriate user name, click Configure roles.
- Make sure that the user has one of the following roles for the cloud:
- Select a folder in Roles in folders and click Assign role.
- Select a role from the list. For example, grant the user access to create resources in the folder by assigning them the
When a new user is created in a cloud, they're automatically assigned the
resource-manager.clouds.member role. This role is necessary for the user to access resources in the cloud. The
resource-manager.clouds.member role is used in combination with other roles, such as
viewer. For more information about roles, see the Roles section.