Detaching file storage from a VM
Dismount your file store from the VM:
If you added a line to the
/etc/fstabfile for automatically mounting file storage to the VM at startup (for example, when attaching storage to a VM), delete the line.
Run the command:
sudo umount <mount path>
To check that your file store has been dismounted, run the command:
As a result, there should be no
virtiofs-type file system corresponding to file storage:
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on udev devtmpfs 988600 0 988600 0% /dev tmpfs tmpfs 203524 780 202744 1% /run /dev/vda2 ext4 13354932 1909060 10861420 15% / tmpfs tmpfs 1017604 0 1017604 0% /dev/shm tmpfs tmpfs 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock tmpfs tmpfs 1017604 0 1017604 0% /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs tmpfs 203520 0 203520 0% /run/user/1000
Detach file storage from the VM in Compute Cloud:Management consoleAPI
- In the management console, select the folder where your file store is located.
- Select Compute Cloud.
- Go to the File storages tab.
- Select the desired store.
- Go to the Virtual machines tab.
- In the line with the desired VM, click and select Stop.
- In the window that opens, confirm the detach operation.